This blog was a project for my online journalism class and my semester has come to an end. I do not plan on continuing this blog in the immediate future. However, in a few years when I am not busy with college, I might consider writing about this topic again.
Writing and learning about pit bulls is something that I really enjoyed doing. Personally, I loved breaking down a lot of the stereotypes that have annoyed me since my family adopted a pit bull. I also enjoyed learning about this wonderful breed.
Although I don’t plan on writing about this topic in the near future, I do plan on continuing to learn about pit bulls. This is really a topic that I have grown more passionate about and I am very eager to continue to learn about.
I had a lot of fun with this blog and had the pleasure of speaking to a lot of interesting people. I really appreciate anyone who took the time to talk to me or read a post. Hearing many different experiences with the pit bull breed and getting to talk to a handful of different people was one of my favorite parts about this blog.
Here are some of my favorite posts that I’ve written:
- The Five Misconceptions about Pit Bulls– This was one of my first posts and possibly my favorite. I really enjoyed debunking a lot of these myths that have annoyed me. I also thought that this post did a fairly decent job of avoiding bias and presented factual evidence. That’s something that has been a little tricky to maintain with a topic I’m this passionate about, but presenting facts over opinion is something that I really tried to do.
- Visit to Camden County Animal Shelter– I liked this interview a lot. I really enjoyed talking to the head of shelter operations there and thought it was a good interview. I was also pleased because I didn’t run into any audio or camera issues.
- Lilo’s Promise Photo Gallery– Any time you get to meet awesome dogs, it makes for a very enjoyable experience. I was very happy to have the opportunity to go to the same shelter where my dog came from and meet some of their pits. Also they have a giant dog named Lucky and he was awesome!
- Vilification of Pit Bulls– Learning the history of pit bulls and discovering why they became so vilified was a very interesting experience. I thought this turned out to be a solid post. I also liked this because I really enjoy researching facts and history.
- All Dogs are Dogs: This was my last post and I think it was one of my favorites. My dog Hope was really my inspiration for choosing this blog topic and it was cool to tell a little of her story and make a video about her. I also liked this post because I got to interview one of the co-founders of Lilo’s and she told me about her early experiences with Hope. The interview was a lot of fun for me and I think it was my favorite interview I’ve done.